Social Science : Economics
UNDERSTANDING DEVELOPMENT: PERSPECTIVES, MEASUREMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
VI. Project and Activities (For Students)
List the various ways in which the problems of garbage and emissions are being dealt with around the world.
Write in detail what kind of enviromental problems you face in your locality.
• Nature is the gift from God. This nature's beauty is destroyed by pollution.
• Chemical Industries release waste products and this get mixed with air and water there by polluting nature.
• Due to air pollution rain is impaired. So we suffer drought and there is scarcity of water.
• The chemicals destroy Ozone layer. Due to this heat is increased during summer.
• Emission norms of vehicles should be checked.
• River Thamirabharani is polluted by the wastage and garbage thrown into it. The water becomes impure and causes many diseases to the people who drink the water.
• All these problems can be solved by making a combined effort by the public and the government.
VIII. Life Skill
How is the per capita income calculated?
Per capita income is obtained by dividing the National income by the population of a country. National income is also called average income.
Per capita = National Income / Population