ACIDS, BASES AND SALTS
I. Choose the correct answer :
1. Zn + 2 HCl → ZnCl2 + ....↑ (H2, O2, CO2)
2. Apple contains malic acid. Orange contains ――― (citric acid, ascorbic acid).
[Answer: ascorbic acid]
3. Acids in plants and animals are organic acids. Whereas Acids in rocks and minerals are ――― (Inorganic acids, Weak acids).
[Answer: Inorganic acids]
4. Acids turn blue litmus paper to ――― (green, red, orange).
5. Since metal carbonate and metal bicarbonate are basic, they react with acids to give salt and water with the liberation of ____________ (NO2, SO2 , CO2).
6. The hydrated salt of copper sulphate has ――― colour (red, white, blue).