DISASTER MANAGEMENT: RESPONDING TO DISASTERS
I. Choose the correct answer
1. One among the following is not the first responder in case of a disaster.
a) police officers
c) Insurance agents
d) emergency medical technicians
Answer : c) Insurance agents
2. 'Drop, Cover, Hold' is a mock drill a vowal for
Answer : b) Earthquake
3. When you happen to s e fire break out you will make a call to
Answer : b)112
4. Which of the following statements is untrue?
a) 'Stop, Drop, Roll' is for fire.
b) 'Drop, Cover, Hold'is for an earthquake.
c ) 'If sea water recedes back, run to higher places' is for flood.
d) 'If gunshots are heard, drop to the ground and cover the head with hand' is for riot.
Answer : c)’If sea water recedes back, run to higher places' is for flood.
5. Which of the following statements belongs to responding to earthquake?
a) Avoid any place where police or security forces action is in progress.
b) Know the height of your street above sea level and the distance of your street from the coast,
c.) Stay away from glass, windows, outside doors and walls, and anything that could fall.
d) Before opening a door, feel it with the back of your hand.
Answer : c) Stay away from glass, windows, outside doors and walls, and anything that could fall.