1. Mc Mahon Line is a border between
a) Burma and India
b) India and Nepal
c) India and China
d) India and Bhutan
2. India is not a member of which of the following
a) 2 only
b) 2 and 4
c) 2, 4 and
d) 1, 2 and 3
3. OPEC is
a) An international insurance Co.
b) An international sports club
c) An Organisation of Oil Exporting Countries
d) An international company
4. With which country does India share its longest land border?
5. Match the following and choose the correct answer form the codes given below.
i) Salma Dam - 1. Bangladesh
ii) Farakka accord - 2. Nepal
iii) Chukha hydroelectric project - 3. Afghanistan
iv) Sharda River project - 4. Bhutan
a) 3 1 4 2
b) 3 1 2 4
c) 3 4 1 2
d) 4 3 2 1
6. How many countries share its border with India?
7. Which two island countries are India’s neighbours?
a) Sri Lanka and Andaman island
b) Maldieves and Lakshadweep island
c) Maldieves and Nicobar island
d) Sri Lanka and Maldieves
8. Which Indian state is surrounded by three countries?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
9. How many Indian states have their boundary with Nepal?
10. Who drew up the borders for independent Pakistan?
a) Lord Mountbatten
b) Sir Cyril Radcliffe
c) Clement Atlee
d) None of the above.
1. Bhutan is a small Himalayan
2. India’s gateway to South East Asia is Myanmar
3. Nepal is a buffer country between India and China.
4. A strip of land The Teen Bigha Corridor, belongs to India on West Bengal and Bangladesh border.
5. Bhutan is known as the Land of thunderbolt.
6. India and Sri Lanka are separated by Palk Strait.
1. The Kaladan transport project by India and Myanmar consists of which of the following modes of transport?
1. Roads 2. Railways
3. Shipping 4. Inland water transport
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
a) 1, 2 and 3 only
b) 1, 3 and 4 only
c) 2, 3 and 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
2. Assertion (A): India and France launched International Solar Alliance.
Reason (R): It was done to bring together countries between Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn for co-operation of solar energy.
a) A is correct and R is the correct explanation of A
b) A is correct and R is not the correct explanation of A
c) A is wrong and R is correct
d) Both are wrong
3. Which of the following statements are true?
Statement 1. ICCR has initiated a Tagore Chair in University of Dhaka.
Statement 2. Mayanmar is India’s gateway to western countries.
Statement 3. Nepal and Bhutan are land locked nations.
Statement 4. Sri Lanka is one of the partner in Nalanda University Project of India.
a) 1, 2 and 3
b) 2, 3 and 4
c) 1, 3 and 4
d) 1, 2 and 4
4. Assertion (A): OPEC has vested interest in India’s economic growth.
Reason (R): Devoid of necessary oil resources India strongly focuses on agriculture and industrial production.
a) A is correct and R explains A
b) A is wrong and R is correct
c) Both are correct
d) Both are wrong
1. Brandix - Vienna
2. COMCASA - Japan
3. Shinkansen system - Shanghai
4. BRICS - USA
5. OPEC - Garment city in Vishakapatnam
1. Brandix - Garment city in Vishakapatnam
2. COMCASA - USA
3. Shinkansen system - Japan
4. BRICS - Shanghai
5. OPEC - Vienna