Social Science : Geography
LITHOSHERE – I
VIII. Map Skill
On the given outline map of the world, Mark the following:
a. Pacific Ring of fire
b. Earthquake prone zones (any two)
c. Locate any two active volcanoes of the world.
d. Himalayas and AIPs ranges.
IX. Life Skills
Imagine that you feel tremors or shocks in your locality. What will be your role in saving lives from destruction? List out the Do's and Don'ts.
My role :
• We must call others for help.
• Give first aid for the injured people.
• Leave the house quickly.
• Keep away from windows, doors and objects made of glass.
• Keep calm
• Stay under the table.
• Disconnect the electricity and gas connection
• Do not use the lift to exit.
• Do not drive the vehicles when the earth quake strikes
• Do not go near by the bridges, tall buildings, electric poles, trees and water tanks.