Social Science : Economics
IV. Give short answers
1. Enlist the reasons for migration.
2. What are the major factors responsible for female migrants in India?
3. Name four districts in Tamil Nadu which record low number of imigration.
4. What are the factors responsible for the poorer sections and better- off sections to migrate ?
• The poorer section of people migrate for survival.
• The better off section of people migrate to improve their living standards.
5. List the four destinations and the percentage of migrants from Tamil Nadu.
1. Singapore 20%
2. United Arab Emirates 18%
3. Saudi Arabia 16%
4. United States of America 13%
6. What does the study reveal about the occupation undertaken by migrants?
The occupation undertaken by migrants can be classified as
• Highly skilled occupations
• Low skilled occupations.
• Semi skilled occupations.