V. Give Reasons
1. Satellite imageries stimulate map making.
• All information is digital; it can be easily integrated with software for image improvement.
• It is the only way to obtain data from inaccessible regions.
• It helps in constructing cheep base maps in the absence of detailed land surveys.
2. Map is the basic tool of a geographer.
• Map illustrates the earth's surface clearly and effectively through a combination of drawings, words and symbols. Maps form an integral part in teaching geography. It is a location guide.
3. Grid references are essential to find the exact location of places on a map.
• The location of a place can be simply defined by its latitude and longitude.
• The points at which the vertical lines (eastings) and horizontal lines (Worthing) of the grid intersect are called coordinates. They help to find the exact place.