Social Science : Geography
LITHOSPHERE – II
V. Give Reasons
1. Chemical Weathering is predominant in hot and humid zones.
Chemical is predominantly is not and humid zones.
• Chemical weathering takes place through the process of oxidation, carbonation, solution and hydration, Oxygen, Carbondioxide and Hydrogen are the agents.
2. Silt deposits are less at estuaries than deltas.
• Slit deposits by the river is not possible in the estuaries like delta as if the waves keep on eroding the deposits.
3. Wind can possibly erode the rocks from all sides.
• Rocks are made up of hard and soft layers and When the rock's bottom is soft, the sand - laden winds blow against it and wear it down.