Social Science : Geography
IV. Give Reason
1. Cyclones cause huge loss of life and property.
• Cyclones are centres of low pressure where, winds from the surrounding high pressure area coverage towards the centre in spiral form. Tropical cyclones often cause heavy loss of life and property on the coasts.
• During cyclones if the speed of the winds and the height of the tidal waves increase the destruction will be massive.
2. Cloudy days are warmer than cloudless days.
• A Visible mass of condensed water vapour floating in the air above the ground level is called a cloud.
• This condensed water reduced the heat.
3. Fog is dangerous for traffic.
• Light cannot travels through fog. The fog reduces the visibility.
4. Convectional rainfall is also called 4'o clock rain.
• Convectional rainfall occurs regularly in the equatorial region in the evening around 4 o' clock.
5. Polar Easterlies are cold and dry. Why is it so?
Polar Easterlies are cold and dry
• Polar Easterlies blow from the polar high pressure belt to the sub polar low pressure belt.