Probability: Types of Events
1. A company manufactures 10000 Laptops in 6 months. Out of which 25 of them are found to be defective. When you choose one Laptop from the manufactured, what is the probability that selected Laptop is a good one.
2. In a survey of 400 youngsters aged 16-20 years, it was found that 191 have their voter ID card. If a youngster is selected at random, find the probability that the youngster does not have their voter ID card.
3. The probability of guessing the correct answer to a certain question is x/3. If the probability of not guessing the correct answer is x/5, then find the value of x .
4. If a probability of a player winning a particular tennis match is 0.72. What is the probability of the player loosing the match?
5. 1500 families were surveyed and following data was recorded about their maids at homes
A family is selected at random. Find the probability that the family selected has
(i) Both types of maids (ii) Part time maids (iii)No maids
5.(i) 1/6 (ii) 43/75 (iii) 1/75