VI. Distinguish between the following
1. River Thamirabarani originates from a peak in Pothigai hills on the Western Ghats.
2. It originates in Tamil Nadu
3. It flows through the districts of Tirunelveli and Thoothukudi and merges into the Bay of Bengal.
4. Servalar, Manimuthar, Gadananathi, Pachaiyar, Chittar and Ramanathi are its main tributaries.
1. River Cauvery originates at Talacauvery in the Brahmagiri hills of Kodagu district of Karnataka in the Western Ghats.
2. It originates in Karnataka
3. In Tamilnadu it flows through the districts of Dharmapuri, Salem and Tiruchirappalli district and merges into the Bay of Bengal.
4. Bhavani, Noyyal and Amaravathi are its main tributaries.