Plant Anatomy (Structural Organisation)
Tissue and Tissue System
1. Refer to the given figure and select the correct statement
i. A, B, and C are histogen of shoot apex
ii. A Gives rise to medullary rays.
iii. B Gives rise to cortex
iv. C Gives rise to epidermis
a. i and ii only
b. ii and iii only
c. i and iii only
d. iii and iv only
2. Read the following sentences and identify the correctly matched sentences.
i. In exarch condition, the protoxylem lies outside of metaxylem.
ii. In endarch condition, the protoxylem lie towords the centre.
iii. In centarch condition, metaxylem lies in the middle of the protoxylem.
iv. In mesarch condition, protoxylem lies in the middle of the metaxylem.
a. i, ii and iii only
b. ii, iii and iv only
c. i, ii and iv only
d. All of these
3. In Gymnosperms, the activity of sieve tubes are controlled by
a. Nearby sieve tube members.
b. Phloem parenchyma cells
c. Nucleus of companion cells.
d. Nucleus of albuminous cells.
4. When a leaf trace extends from a vascular bundle in a dicot stem, what would be the arrangement of vascular tissues in the veins of the leaf?
a. Xylem would be on top and the phloem on the bottom
b. Phloem would be on top and the xylem on the bottom
c. Xylem would encircle the phloem
d. Phloem would encircle the xylem
5. Grafting is successful in dicots but not in monocots because the dicots have
a. Vascular bundles arranged in a ring
b. Cambium for secondary growth
c. Vessels with elements arranged end to end
d. Cork cambium