Social Science : Geography
IV. Answer the following in brief:
1. What do you mean by the term Hydrosphere?
The 'Hydrosphere' is the watery part of the earth. This consists of water in various forms found on the earth.
2. What is hydrological cycle?
The Earth's water is not static. It is always in motion. Water changes its form (Ice, Water and Water Vapour) constantly is "Hydrological Cycle”
3. Mention the various relief features of ocean floor.
Major Relief Features of the Ocean :
• Continental shelf
• Continental slope
• Continental rise
• Deep Sea Plain (or) Abyssal Plain
• Oceanic deep
• Oceanic ridge
4. What are the factors that generate the ocean currents?
Factors generating Ocean Currents :
• Earth's rotation
• Prevailing winds
• Differences in temperature
• Salinity of ocean water
5. Write a brief note on sea waves.
• Sea waves are considered to be the strongest of all the movements of the oceans. When winds blow over the sea.
• Sea waves are ripples on water. The height of the waves depends on the speed of wind, its duration and the direction.
• Waves that caused by tremors felt on the ocean quiet floor are destructive and called Tsunami'.