II. Answer in detail
1. Explain the factors involved in road accidents.
• Over speeding, rash driving, violation of rules, failure to understand signs, fatigue, alcohol.
• Carelessness, illiteracy, crossing at wrong places, jaywalkers.
• Projecting their body parts outside vehicles, talking to drivers, alighting and boarding vehicle from the wrong side, travelling on footboards, catching a running bus etc.
• Failure of brakes or steering, tyre burst, insufficient headlights, overloading.
Road conditions :
• Potholes, damaged roads, eroded roads merging of rural roads with highways and illegal speed breakers.
• Fog, snow, heavy rainfall, wind storms, hail storms.
2. Explain in detail: The Road safety rules.
The road safety rules :
• It is important for children to know about road safety rules and regulations. Here are a few basic road safety rules for children.
• Know your signals
• Stop, look and cross
• Pay attention - Listen
• Don't Run on Roads
• Always use sidewalks
• Never stick hands outside the vehicle
• Never cross Roads at Bends
• Don't Rush
• Keep left
• Crossing at zebra line.